- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 5.
- Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a food processor and pulse briefly to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl, beat together the eggs and milk, reserving a tablespoon of the mixture to use as an egg wash. Add the rest to the flour mixture, along with the sultanas, stirring until the mixture comes together to form a dough. Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead briefly until the dough is smooth.
- Gently press the dough out to a thickness of about 2.5cm/1in and cut out circles using a biscuit cutter. Arrange the scones on a baking tray, spaced slightly apart, and brush the tops with the reserved egg wash.
- Bake the scones for 10-12 minutes, or until golden-brown and risen. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- To serve, cut each scone in half and serve with clotted cream and strawberry jam.