May 30, 2011

THE PRESENT PERFECT

THE PRESENT PERFECT – Worksheet
(have / has + Past Participle)


I – ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS USING SHORT ANSWERS
(Yes/No + subject + have/has/haven’t/hasn’t)

1. Have you seen him? – Yes, ___________________
2. Has Mrs Bell arrived? – No, ____________________
3. Has Mary cleaned the board? – No, _________________
4. Have you done your homework? – Yes, ____________________
5. Have they lived here all their life? – No, _____________________



II – FILL IN THE SPACES WITH THE PRESENT PERFECT OF THE VERBS IN BRACKETS
1. I ________________________ (not see) you for a long time.
2. He _______________________ (not be) here since Christmas.
3. You ____________________ (drink) three cups of tea.
4. She ___________________ (study) very hard.
5. Bob ___________________ (try) to take me out.
6. You _____________________ (go) to Paris.
7. _______________________ (you / be) asleep all morning?
8. That light ______________________ (burn) all morning.
9. ________________________ (you / ever / see) a shark?
10. I _______________________ (not find) my key yet.
11. She _____________________ (work) as a secretary and a school teacher.
12. I _______________________ (not finish) my meal.
13. _____________________________ (you / read) that book?
14. My father __________________________ (buy) an expensive, new car.
15. _____________________________ (you / reply) to that letter from the bank?




III – MAKE SENTENCES WITH THE PRESENT PERFECT AND FOR OR SINCE
1. (I / not / play / tennis / last summer)
I haven’t played tennis since last summer.
2. ( I / know / her / more than ten years)
_________________________________________________________________
3. (you / live / in this town / a long time?)
_________________________________________________________________
4. (I / not eat / anything / lunchtime)
_________________________________________________________________
5. (Jill / be / a good friend / we were at school together)
_________________________________________________________________
6. (you / see / Jack / the party last week?
_________________________________________________________________








IV – COMPLETE THE DIALOGUES USING JUST AND THE WORDS IN BRACKETS
1. A: What’s happening in this programme?
B: I don’t know. It has just started. (It / start)
2. A: _________________________________ (I / come) back from my holiday.
B: Did you have a good time?
3. A: Could I have a copy of Sports World, please?
B: Sorry. ________________________________ (I / sell) the last copy.
4. A: How is Lucy?
B: She’s very happy. ___________________________(She / finish) her exams.
5. A: _________________________________ (I / have) a letter from Mike.
B: Oh yes? What did he say?
6. A: Have you heard from Alison and Frank recently?
B: Yes, ___________________________ (they / move) to another town.




V – MAKE SENTENCS USING ALREADY OR YET
1. (I / not / read / today’s newspaper.) yet
I haven’t read today’s newspaper yet.
2. (you / decide / which one / to buy ?) yet
_______________________________________________________________
3. (Their baby son / start / talking) already.
_______________________________________________________________
4. (I / explain / this to you three times.) already
_______________________________________________________________
5. (you / phone / Jane ?) yet
_______________________________________________________________
6. (The game / not / finish) yet
_______________________________________________________________
7. (I / have / lunch) already
_______________________________________________________________
8. (He / spend / all his money) already.
_______________________________________________________________

No comments: